|Reports to:||Executive Assistant|
|Posted Date:||November 22, 2017|
|Start date:||Position to be filled as soon as possible|
Irving Harris Foundation Overview
The Irving Harris Foundation (Foundation) enhances the quality of life for children, families and communities by advancing human potential, social justice and equity, and creative experience and expression. The Foundation is a strategic grantmaker, investing approximately $15 million annually in the fields of early childhood development, reproductive health and justice, arts and culture, violence prevention, environmental justice, civic engagement, and Jewish values in the U.S. and Israel. The Foundation’s grants aim to address root causes, leverage public and private resources, provide technical assistance and foster collaboration through public-private and funder partnerships.
The Foundation is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join a highly effective team and help advance our exciting work. This person will report directly to the Executive Assistant of the Foundation, but will work with the rest of the team as necessary on the full-range of administrative and operations support functions.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant in managing the day-to-day administrative tasks for the Foundation team/office
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating internal and external meetings including attendee management, materials preparation, room set-up, food ordering, and issue resolution
- Staff various committees including material development and dissemination, notetaking and minutes preparation, and other related activities
- Produce and edit work products, including, but not limited to: drafting memos, letters, meeting materials and other materials as required
- Event/meeting planning support, including scheduling and other logistics
- Provide administrative support to the program team including detailed calendar management, expense report management, mail processing, and invitation coordination
- General administrative support to the full team and other administrative or operations tasks as needed
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- B.A. degree or degree in progress
- Previous administrative assistant experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including editing skills
- Entrepreneurial, able to conceptualize projects and work well independently
- Strong technical and online research skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet required deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Flexible and able to respond to the changing needs and interests of the Foundation and its team
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with networks of potential partners and vendors
- Tech savviness — able to creatively navigate multiple platforms from Microsoft Office and Adobe, various online databases, scheduling and project management programs, social media platforms, etc.
- Previous experience with non-profit, philanthropic and/or corporate Boards of Directors a plus
- Prior experience with SmartSimple is helpful, but not necessary
- Some night and weekend availability for Foundation events
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to gro.n1513587137dfsir1513587137rahgn1513587137ivri@1513587137sboj1513587137with email subject line: Application for Administrative Assistant.
The Irving Harris Foundation is committed to an inclusive, fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team. The Foundation values and actively seeks diversity in its workplace. The Foundation’s inclusive and equitable practice is embedded in recruitment, hiring, training, promoting persons in all job classifications. The Foundation does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of their employment based on that individual’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition, marital status, military service or veteran status, sexuality or status in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Foundation administers all personnel decisions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, etc. in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.